This year, Cinco de Mayo lands on a Friday, and that's a good enough reason for us to entertain friends at home!
We are big fans of simple, yet delicious, recipes that can be easily shared with groups.
This recipe of Aztec salsa hits all those notes.
Enjoy classic Mexican flavors with avocados, tomatoes and corn — plus, you'll be surprised by a zesty ingredient.
Special thanks to The Basics – A Lifestyle Blog for collaborating with us to share this wonderful recipe!
AZTEC SALSA RECIPE:
- 1 15 oz. Can of black beans
- 1 15 oz. Can of mexicorn (kernel corn with red and green bell peppers)
- 2-3 Avocados (depending on their size)
- 2-3 Tomatoes (depending on their size)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Packet of Zesty Italian salad dressing
- A drizzle of olive oil
Prep the vegetables by chopping the tomatoes, onion and avocado.
Combine the chopped tomatoes, onion and avocado with the black beans and mexicorn in a large bowl.
Next, add the packet of zesty Italian salad dressing and mix the ingredients.
Finally, add a drizzle of olive oil and combine one last time.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!